LDS Mission Call Process
The LDS Mission Call Process is one of the most frequent topics that people ask me about. Below is a summary and links to the articles I have written on the subject.
- Mission Papers Overview This article gives a high-level view of what to do before, during and after submitting your mission papers.
- Mission Application Timeline In this article, I give details about the steps involved in the mission call process with particular emphasis on when to begin, and how long to expect each step to take.
- Mission Application Form This article talks in detail about the Checklist for Full-Time Missionary Recommendation, the official paperworksion. If you are looking for the actual forms to download, I’m sorry but the Church just does not make them available. You can try doing a Google search for Checklist for Full-Time Missionary Recommendation, and sometimes you’ll find people have posted them.
- To fill out your mission papers online, use the Missionary Online Recommendation System.
- Missionaries Are Called by God In this article, Elder Ronald A. Rasband explains the LDS Mission Call Process, particularly, how missionaries are called by God through inspiration to our living prophets.
- Mission Call Letter Two to four weeks after the Church receives you mission application, you will receive your call packet in the mail. This packet will contain your mission call letter from the prophet, as well as other materials, including a list of mission clothing and other items to bring.